1. Get up or sit in a comfortable position, keep your back straight.
2. Turn your head as far as possible to the right, trying to look farther behind your back, then as far as possible to the left. Without stopping, continue turning right and left - 10 to 25 times in each direction.
3. Tilt your head to the right, trying to touch your shoulder with your ear. Do not lift the shoulder. Then tilt your head to the left. Perform 10 to 25 inclines in each direction.
4. Lowering your head forward, reaching the chest with the chin. Raise your head immediately and tilt it as far back as possible. Perform 10 to 25 times.
5. Turn your head clockwise with maximum amplitude. Do 3 to 15 times. Then perform the same number of turns counterclockwise.
The pace of exercise depends on the condition of the spine, muscle strength and the experience of the student. It is better to adhere to the most pleasant speed.
Exercises loosen the neck, tone the muscles of the neck. Very effective for osteochondrosis of the cervical spine. But in this case, the movements should be slow. The vestibular apparatus become more trained and strengthened.
Text: From the book of Ar Eddar “The Beginning of Hatha Yoga”