This bread is easy to make at home.
1. Put strong white bread flour into a large mixing bowl. Add the yeast and olive oil into the mix. Stir all the ingredients with a spoon to combine.
2. Add water and turn the mixture round combining well, until you’ve picked up all of the flour from the sides of the bowl. Keep mixing with your fingers to make sure all of the ingredients are combined and use the mixture to clean the inside of the bowl.
3. Once the dough is ready, leave it in the pan. Cover with a tea towel and leave for 1 hour to raise.
4. After about an hour, mix the dough with hands one more time and form a round or oval shape. Add a bit of flour on top and sides of ready loaf.
5. Place the loaf onto the lined baking tray, cover with a tea towel or lightly oiled cling film and leave to prove until it’s doubled in size. This will take about an hour.
6. Preheat the oven to 220C. Put an old, empty roasting tin into the bottom of the oven. After an hour the loaf should have risen again. Sprinkle some flour on top and very gently rub it in. Use a large, sharp knife to make shallow cuts across the top. Put the loaf in the baking tray into the middle of the oven.
7. Bake the loaf for about 30 minutes. The loaf is cooked when it’s risen and golden.