There are many recommendations regarding running techniques, both sports and wellness - jogging.
Methods have been developed for the gradual increase in running loads depending on the age and physical fitness of the students, the latter being evaluated according to the results of various tests. Meanwhile, there are very simple criteria that allow you to adjust the individual pace and duration of the run. This is the rhythm of breathing and a feeling of lightness, the desire to run more.
1. First of all, running should be fun. Do not run more if you stopped enjoying it. Such running is likely to harm. If you force yourself systematically, pathological changes in the joints or general overwork may develop due to the fact that the body does not have time to adapt to increased loads, the general nonspecific resistance of the body to various adverse effects will decrease. Running time is thus determined by well-being. As soon as any desire to run more disappears, various pains appear, you should switch to walking. Experienced runners, however, consciously overcome light unpleasant sensations that almost inevitably arise at a distance, but do not reduce the pleasure of running. With some practice, it becomes possible to evaluate your strengths even before the start of the run and choose the appropriate route.
2. The optimal pace is easily determined by steady breathing. At first 1-2 minutes after you started running it is good to adhere to the slowest breathing rhythm, which is set automatically without any tension, for example, breathing in eight steps, and breathing out eight steps (8–8). Try to breathe evenly, to the beat. As needed, breathing quickens - 7–7, then 6–6, 5–5 and, finally, 4–4. It’s better to stop at such a rhythm of breathing.
If there is a need to breathe more often, then the pace is great and you need to slow down a little. Athletes naturally breathe more often, especially at short distances, but their task is the result, even at the cost of health. On the other hand, you can run as you like, even holding your breath, if you feel good.
3. Breathe only through the nose. If nasal breathing is not enough, slow down, restore proper breathing.
4. The one should run easy, you cannot jump to the whole foot or heel, movements should be free, relaxed. At first you will be running a little, but without straining, gracefully.
5. For the rapid development of fitness, it is advisable to run every day, best of all at the same time. But nothing bad will happen if you do jogs two to three times a week. 15–25 minutes of daily continuous running is enough to fully master this exercise after 5–6 years. In the future, you can run much less frequently, focusing on asanas and pranayamas.
6. Like all other exercises, to master running (increase speed and time), is necessary to do extremely gradually. For starters, one circle around the house is often enough. At the beginning, the progress in running exercise is usually fast, and within a month it becomes possible to run one or two kilometers. The results continue to grow for some time, after which usually for a long time everything remains without external changes.
You need to be prepared for this and not to despair, to do daily runs. Sooner or later, the speed and the time of running will certainly move off the ground. The main thing at this stage is not to overdo it, steadily observing the principle: “Running is pleasure!”
With high blood pressure, heart disease, jogging can only be done under the supervision of a specialists. It is not recommended to do running with diseases of the joints of the legs and severe ossification of the spine, or large excess weight.
Running is an excellent exercise that contributes to the comprehensive normalization of body functions. First of all, there is training of the cardiovascular system and lungs. Then, on the run, abdominal organs are massaged, which restores their normal activity. Finally, the muscles of the legs are strengthened, the weight returns to normal, a joyful mood and a taste for life appear. Running promotes active tissue regeneration. At the end of the distance, if you have the strength and mood, it is very useful to do some exercises on the run.
Text: From the book of Ar Eddar “The Beginning of Hatha Yoga”